Re: Renewing/recertifying

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on June 20, 2001 at 12:00:06:

In Reply to: Re: Renewing/recertifying posted by Steve on June 20, 2001 at 11:49:13:

The Deion analogy is flawed from the get go because the BIG difference is that an instructor is certifying for life putting a person in a life threatening environment.. That's a big difference than making a mistake while walking...

Perhaps you had a good instructor, and as I've said often, there are still some out there, my concern is with the overall decline and also with the agencies willingness to water down standards and training for the sake of market share..

As you state, you did NAUI, a NAUI instructor has greater latitude with respect to judgement which is why you really don't see me beating NAUI up.. PADI on the other hand is leading a sinking ship in world dominance.. As the biggest they effect the market disporportionately and the leverage they exercise is phenominal..

Look at a typical dive magazine, you have PADI ad's throughout.. Do you think Rodales will criticize PADI when the bulk of their ad revenue comes from PADI???? It's a totally symbiotic relationship that the money grubber at PADI are exploiting at the expense of ill-advised training standards..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]