Why Shouldn't I Attend?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CarolB on June 20, 2001 at 21:49:34:

My OW instructor who taught and certifed my sister, my daughter, and I under NAUI's OW and Advanced programs has advised us not to attend the DIR demo in Catalina next month. Other than I know he is a dyed in the wool NAUI Instructor, is there anything we need to be afraid of? He says it will be a waste of our time and money. When I told him that the course was free of charge, he said that nothing is free and there is an alterrior motive to what MHK promotes. He went on to further say that we should spend $200 and take is Master Diver course instead. He says we will learn much more about real world diving in CA than cave and deep wreck diving in FLA. We do not believe the Master course has what we want when it comes to buoyancy and self preservation in preventing a problem from happening in the first place. Can anyone else justify their decision in attending the Demo next month? What will be the end benefit? Keep in mind I have a friend who instructs us I have to convince we are doing the right thing.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]