Re: AquaFlite suits

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Frank on June 21, 2001 at 13:50:27:

In Reply to: I AGREE AquaFlite are really good suits and.. posted by JohnB on June 21, 2001 at 10:33:28:

Just to weigh in ... I'm a relatively new diver and, when it came time to buy a wetsuit last fall, I tried *everything* on the rack (Body Glove, O'Neil, Henderson, etc) and nothing fit right. I guess I have a non-standard body type. So I went for an AquaFlite and never looked back. It's super-easy to get on and off, but the fit is great.

One detail. The guy in the store who measured me (who also DM's) said that when he measured himself for his own AquaFlite suit, he got overaggressive on making sure the measuring tape was tight around him. The resulting suit was so tight that he ended up splitting at least one seam. While I wanted a snug suit, I didn't want to go overboard. So I made sure we left the measuring tape just slightly slack. I'm very happy with the fit.

One question comes to mind. I've noticed lately that when I end dives I look like Danny Akroyd (sp?) in "The Coneheads" -- i.e. air is getting up into my hood and expanding as I ascend. I know there are hoods with built-in purge valves, but I'd rather keep it simple in working out a solution. Seems to me that a couple of holes poked with a hot knitting needle might do the trick (the idea being to heat and seal the holes so that they don't tear any more). Will I later regret this?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]