Re: Talc is not a carcinogen. Some samples of talc...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on June 24, 2001 at 23:45:54:

In Reply to: Re: Talc is not a carcinogen. Some samples of talc... posted by AADIVER on June 24, 2001 at 22:39:15:

"What about unscented billiard talc that the dry suit manufacturers recommend to prolong the life of latex seals?"

Let me give you the background of why I started this thread. Being a new dry suit user, I've completed 16 dives now and the small pouch of talc that came with the suit is running low. I haven't been able find unscented talc so on a dive trip last week brought up the subject to other dry suit divers on a six pack trip that I did. It was mentioned that talc is a carcinogen and that she uses KY jelly instead but still uses talc for long term storage to preserve the rubber, being very careful not breath it in. Through some research I discovered that this might be a real risk and that you and other divers may want to read and research this further. I used the KY jelly today and the suit slipped on easily without any residue because it is water soluble and greaseless.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]