Re: Why Shouldn't I Attend?/You should.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on June 25, 2001 at 14:51:27:

In Reply to: Re: Why Shouldn't I Attend?/You should. posted by SLANG on June 25, 2001 at 14:22:29:

Fair points...

I think part of the reason we try to be as open about it as possible is to avoid any potential conflicts.. You correctly note that I have in the past listed a whole host of non-Halcyon equipment but when it boils right down to it we have said often that while most bladders ( non-bungee) will do we think Halcyon is the best.. We have aslo went on to point out that should you decide on the DiveRite than just make sure you reinforce the bladder, shorten the corrigated inflator hose and switch the positioning of the inflator...

I think it is important to note that DIR was around pre-Halcyon and the same things we being said pre-Halcyon. it's just that Lamaar didn't listen so Carmichael started Halcyon to cater to the demand.. So the message hasn't changed to make up for Halcyon's existence it's been the same all along...

I wasn't attacking Steve but I was surprised that if he had a concern he could have very easily just asked us the question face to face while we were there rather than post it which could lead to misinterpretation and given that he and JW are going at it pretty good I wasn't sure if there was an ulterior motive.. It's just my view of how I would have handled it if I were truely concerned about the appearance of a conflict...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]