Huntington Lake in August

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on June 25, 2001 at 17:57:45:

In Reply to: Re: Coincedence posted by tleemay on June 25, 2001 at 16:48:23:

Not yet, but now that I am "Drysuit enabled" I'm going to head up there. Also, our new place is quite a bit closer than the old one. Of course, convincing my wife that I should spend the weekend diving instead of fixing it up will be darn near impossible (especially since she hates lake diving. One trip to Tahoe per year is about all the fresh she'll do). I managed to finagle my way into the next fundamentals class, and that was work enough. Right now my diving is limited to sneaking over to Monterey for early morning tanks, and my buddy for those is currently basking in Palau (may the tsetse flies of a thousand camels infest his left armpit). He'll be back Wednesday, but I'm not sure how well I'm going to be convincing him to get up at 3:am to go freeze for two tanks in Monterey after his warm water experience.

I was thinking of putting something together in late August. I've had a couple of other "requests" to do a Huntington trip. I've sort of got a boat lined up, if you don't mind diving from a ski runabout.

If anyone wants some more info, email me at josh@removethisbit.pollstar.com in the next couple of days, and I'll see what I can do to get a group campsite.

Speaking of, anyone have info on diving Morro Bay area? I'm going to be over there for a few days in early August. I was mostly just planning to do some freedive gathering, but I wouldn't mind lugging over the rest of the gear and getting a bit more "harsh climate" experience.

JRM

-- shhh, don't tell anyone, but I'm diving with a DR adjustable strap right now. I'm going to replace it when I get down to Scuba Toys for the class. I'm actually gonna be in your neck of the woods this weekend, but I have to endure some culture (lion king tickets) instead of wetness. Oh well, man does not live by fish alone!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]