Re: thanx! mhk, i, and i'm sure others, appreciate your post...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on June 26, 2001 at 15:18:26:

In Reply to: thanx! mhk, i, and i'm sure others, appreciate your post... posted by kelphead on June 26, 2001 at 15:06:43:

A jon line solves a multiplicity of problems.. FTR, we no longer use jon lines we use our spools, same concept but it means one less thing that we need..

If you clip yourself via the console you have maybe a 1' or so distance between you and the line. That isn't worth the trouble and COULD result if the swells are strong enough in it pulling the SPG and causing a freeflow...

The benefit of a jon line / spool is that you are 10' to 15' away from the line and the purpose of the distance is to allow you to stay at 15' and it's basically irrelevant whether the line is bobbing up and down.. It solves the current problem as well as the swell problem...

The other thing to consider with your current rigging that I neglected to mention in my earlier post is that in an OOA scenario, if you are the donor, you control the situation and that means you will want to have one hand holding the paniced OOA diver and it's probable that you'll need to control his and your ascent rate and you'll need one hand to hold him and the other hand to vent.. That leaves NO hands for accessing critical information, [ ie; time and depth] ...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]