Re: A few words from a KY user.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on June 26, 2001 at 17:29:12:

In Reply to: no wonder!!!... posted by kelphead on June 26, 2001 at 16:46:17:

Stardiver wrote copied from another forum:

I've got 200+ applications of KY on a set of seals that are just over 2 years old. After reading the beginning of this thread, i looked closely at
the seals, and they do appear to be showing some UV-like deterioration, so i will be replacing them soon. (okay and also because i have a bit of a tear in one and the aquaseal-pantyhose-duct tape patch is better than 6 months old.......) They get talc-ed for storage.

Is this normal for latex to deteriorate at that rate, or could the KY have contributed? Nonetheless - i had 2+ good years of easy donning of the seals, and that's worth something.

The product works, it is not my intention to impose this on anyone. If you want to use Talc all around the inside of the neck seal and then don it over your head then do it. The dust from the powder shouldn't be more than a minuscule amount that you could breath in. I have tried the KY and the talc. The KY works better and it's not toxic. A small amount applied around the tightest portion of the seal is all you need.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]