Re: support

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on June 28, 2001 at 09:00:48:

In Reply to: Re: support posted by nate on June 27, 2001 at 19:10:28:

I think you missed my point.. First off let me address the issue of support.. ANY dive that I do that involves deco I'll use support.. I used to do dive absent support, I think the last one I did was when I was with guys that weren't on my team.. If I recall correctly I believe the last time I did a deco dive absent support was when I did a dive with Karl Shreeves and Grant Graves, but that was about a year ago, or so..

Since that experience I've made it a practice to no longer dive with anyone outside my team when doing deco dives.. In all fairness to Grant and Karl we had no problems on that dive it's just that reading about all the fatalities that could have been easily prevented I chose to no longer dive absent support..

Back to the point about deco theory, it obvious we can't get too into detail on this recreational list but I'd offer that my copy of DecoPlan has the RGBM model.. I've been requested to test the program before it goes to public so I guess it would be fair to say I have a slight advantage.. But that is also beyond the scope of what I'm talking about.. What I'm talking about speaks to understanding the slope intercepts and understanding that it's important to keep the curve moving..

From what little information we have seen, I'm very confused about the deco profile.. Why did they go from 100' stop tp a 60' stop???? There is a only so much we can gain from the limited information that Tom and Claudia have put out..

Do you agree or disagree that Garrett would be alive today if he had proper support?????

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]