Re: Written for those that are considering getting into tech diving... Long

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff B on June 29, 2001 at 08:40:13:

In Reply to: Re: Written for those that are considering getting into tech diving... Long posted by seahunt on June 28, 2001 at 22:05:43:

Nope, immunity is impossible, but much increased safety is entirely possible, feasible, and here to stay. I have two 'lil ones at home that I plan on tucking in every night for a very long time to come, it would be cheating them and my wife if I did not strive to learn and practice every aspect of my hobby to make myself a safer diver. I have been cheated out of quality instruction from day one of this great hobby, I have also, unfortunatly, cheated many others by my assistance with OW classes teaching only enough to get the fabled "card". Im ashamed of that now, I'd like to plead ignorance, but stupidity comes to mind as much of this info was available, all I had to do was look and I didnt even have to go looking for DIR. Im of the opinion that there is no distinction between a rec dive and a tek dive. I always thought there was but the boundries are not so clear anymore. Maybe since we all mostly agree on the saying that "all dives are decompression dives" its time to add to that in that "all dives are deco dives therefore, all dive are tek dives" There is no definition for either of the two, a tek dive made by me might very well fall under your judgment as a rec dive for you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]