Re: Written for those that are considering getting into tech diving... Long

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on June 29, 2001 at 09:13:20:

In Reply to: Re: Written for those that are considering getting into tech diving... Long posted by seahunt on June 28, 2001 at 22:02:42:

Seahunt,

You are remembering an arcane period of time that no longer exists in the California dive market.. The notion that deep diving doesn't exist and that charter boats don't drop diver's off in 100' of water in pure and simple not what happens in the real world.. You have admitted to not going on charter boats, so why don't you take it from a guy that is on them all the time, and since you rarely believe me, ask your buddy Chris.. You keep focusing in on our Matterhorn trips despite the fact that I highlighted for you several of the sites that people go to EVERY weekend.. It's clear that you don't want to listen, you just want to oppose.. You are staking out a position for a market that has long since moved on.. You cite the Moody example and the related tragedy.. That was 6 years ago and the Moody was being dove regularly back then.. Deep diving in California is not new, nor is it the exception to the rule.. As for diving deep for bugs [ which not matter what we say you keep going back to bug hunting] you once again better check with your buddy Chris, because for the last 2 years the majority of the bugs were found deep.. If you dove charter boats more often all of these facts would be second nature to you.. You keep advancing arguements that don't apply..

As for the solo position, if it didn't relate to my post then why bother spending several long paragraphs on it when it doesn't apply to the subject matter???

The my personal favorite from your post.. You wrote:

>Sometimes, it is just best to deny that something is ever done, never admit to
>it and discourage it from being done

Herein lies the fundamental difference between you and I.. I couldn't disagree with you any more than I do.. In my view, you are 100% dead ass wrong about this... Why deny that it is happening, when advances in technology have made the practice safer... This is utter BS, shortsighted and speaks directly to why you and I will probably never see eye to eye.. Education is the key, not denial....

You further go on to add that deep diving has killed too often, which really isn't the case, but I will tell you that solo diving has killed way more people than deep diving out here so your arguements are rather inconsistent..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]