Let me answer you seriously...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on June 29, 2001 at 11:31:59:

In Reply to: Re: Ships to Reefs ala the Yukon posted by SLANG on June 29, 2001 at 10:51:26:

Let me nip a few rumours in the bud before they get started, get steam and then become real in some people's mind..

This project will be intended for everyone... Despite the fact that I have a DIR philopsophy this will NOT, in any way shape or form, have anything at all to do with DIR...

I just think someone needs to step up to the plate and make it happen.. After many, many discussions with Dick Long; after studying all the reports and after reviewing the prospects of success I decided to sign on and head the project..

We are miles away from completion and after speaking with Dick again this morning it's a fair bet that even with all the advantages of the Yukon's learning curve, if we picked a ship tomorrow it wouldn't go down for 3 years...

This is a long term commitment and the only serious chance we have if success is to get the entire dive community involved.. I'm just the point person and my affection for DIR will have NOTHING to do with this sinking...

It's way to premature to pick locations and what have you, but irrespective of that you can bet your bottom dollar that it will be no deeper than 100'...

All safety precautions will be taken, but that is getting way to far ahead of ourselves..

Please contact Rep. Waxman and let's not put the cart before the horse...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]