Re: NOT yet

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on June 29, 2001 at 13:46:41:

In Reply to: Re: NOT yet posted by donna on June 28, 2001 at 21:39:42:

I'm using Konqueror 1.9.8. I also have Netscape Communicator 4.75, but rarely use it.

I don't mean to poke fun at you (OK, well actually maybe I do like to poke fun at IIS), but I'm currently going through a "we *need* IIS" bit here. I have to laugh because the main reasons our programmers want to migrate is so they can drag and drop little boxes, instead of program like we do in a text editor. They think I'm being king AH for bashing IIS and NT (btw, I have an MCSE and several other useless M$ certifications, including their Internet ones).

If you want to see some amazing non-windows based database integration, drop by www.pollstar.com (shameless plug), and check out the feature called "autonotify." Especially the "map-it" part, I think it will blow you away. And while you're viewing, think that the entire thing was done by a cabinet maker and ex-geology student (me) in Fresno, using entirely free software. Oh, and we get about 1 million unique visitors monthly, serving 25-30 million pages (roughly the traffic of the WWF site). I also have two ASP based sites I admin, but they're subscription only (sorry). Besides, they aren't nearly as cool.

Let me know when you get a generic site up, one that can be browsed text based (basically).

And drop me an email if you would like help beta testing. My crew here can break anything (to my chagrin most times), and they're quite ingenious about finding holes. I generally keep them well fed, and get the reports a while before go to the boss ;-).

JRM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]