he doesnt need a new C card but a refresher in the water would be good

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CalAbDiver on June 29, 2001 at 16:03:58:

In Reply to: What do you guys think??????? I'll comment later....... posted by MHK on June 28, 2001 at 14:07:36:

PADI covers this scenario with a scuba review. Its a booklet you do homework in ahead of time, then a half hour in a class, and an hour in the pool, and if needed (probably is) then the guy/gal can sign up for Discover Local Diving at a PADI store where he/she goes on a guided dive with a D/M or A/I.

it all depends how good this diver was 20 years ago. if all he did then was OW1, then recertifying is certainly appropriate. if he was diving a lot back then, then a review like the kind PADI offers is PROBABLY sufficient, in my opinion. [opinions are like A/H's: everybodys got one and they all stink ... old Navy expression].

if he/she dives in a wetsuit like you and I do, Mike, then the wetsuit serves as an added measure of safety because he/she can ditch his/her wt belt and the suit would float him/her up to the top.

the fact that someone hasnt dived in 20 years means they neglected to stay current and are thus not currently fit to dive. how they get fit to dive depends on additional factors.

when Cousteau first started selling his "aqualungs" to the public in SoCal back in the 1940s, the only scuba instruction then was "dont hold your breath while using it."

just my 25 cents worth.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]