abalone season is now closed for the month of July

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CalAbDiver on July 01, 2001 at 18:19:02:

We have had a great abalone season here in NorCal this year so far. I came home yesterday with my limit of 4 very large abs. The season closed as of today, July 1, and will be closed throughout the month of July. This allows the abs to party and reproduce, since July is their annual partying month (sort of like Jan thru Dec in SoCal!)

The season will re-open on August 1.

SeaHunt-Mike, let me know when you plan to come up here to visit in August and ab dive. I would be glad to buddy dive with you then if you want.

Mike Kane, I already gave away two of my 4 large abs, and I am saving the third one for you. It is iced now in my deepfreeze. Let me know when you will be up here in NorCal to pick it up.

Both of you guys have done a great job of facilitating safe and adventurous scuba diving here in California, both SoCal and NorCal, and we thank you.

KelpHead, I didnt know there was another KelpFish. Thanks for the info. I have enjoyed your posts, and you are a very thoughtful person. At the very least, you keep me honest about "facts" versus "hear-say"!

/s/ CalAbDiver aka RaiderKarl
(I dropped the RaiderKarl pseudonym because it was originally intended for my NFL buddies, and because the emails sent from that site were not as confidential as I would prefer for use over the Internet. CalABDiver is now completely confidential, so I dont have to worry about offending any OWSIs with my sport-diver versus rec-diver opinions. In other words, I can offend them all I want now, without worrying!)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]