Seahunt makes some sense... Please read ;-)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on July 02, 2001 at 17:32:39:

In Reply to: Re: Will the mountain come to Michael? posted by seahunt on July 02, 2001 at 17:14:51:

Okay you are almost there and 90% of your post makes sense so I'll try not to hammer you to hard ;-)

Seriously, my motives are purley for the benefit of the SoCal diving market as a whole.. One of my believes is that the carnage that is taking place to our reefs is due to over fishing, over hunting and the careless and reckless diving habits of the poorly trained.. That being said I think we need to add to our underwater world in a very environmentally sound fashion..

I have said often that Dick's undertaking was a noble effort, I just had a problem with the response rate when it sunk in an unitended fashion and the misleading signs point people to holes that don't exist.. If I get my way there will be NO signs inside this wreck so the point will be moot..

Other than that I was 100% behind Dick from the get go.. My comments were geared towards to the boats and I've had many discussions with the boats that frequent Yukon and I'm confident that things have changed, briefings are more detailed, certain signs are missing ;-), and the awareness level has been raised.. Is it a perfect world??? No... but we are making progress.. I want to build on that..

But as to the following comment, what the hell are you talking about???

You wrote:

And as I said then, I have no interest in writing about DIR. What made
>you think that?

You promised a *brief* discussion about why DIR doesn't apply.. You can't write about ahy is doesn't do something until you understand what it does...

What are you talking about?????

later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]