Re: Navy's mothballed ships - how does Florida do it?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on July 03, 2001 at 10:11:31:

In Reply to: Re: Navy's mothballed ships - how does Florida do it? posted by AADIVER on July 03, 2001 at 09:16:31:

I think we need everybody's help. I was simply making the point that the USN needs to get rid of 400 ships and the methods of disposal need to include the option of reefing since this will make more ships available and will probably allow funding for the preparation (removal of toxics).

From the website I referenced above:(http://www.scubadiving.com/feature/shipstoreefs)

"... To make history, you've got to do something. Although U.S. Congress has mandated that the aging ships be disposed of, the method of doing so is still being decided. If you wish to help inaugurate a new era of diving in North America, if you wish to help write an exciting chapter in the history of sport diving, you've got to make your voice and your opinion heard. Here's how:
Making Contact
It is imperative that a reefing option be added to House Resolutions 4205 and 4576, and to Senate Bill 2487, which will decide the fate of these ships. To ensure the option is added, you must tell your Congressional representatives that you want it done."

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]