The cure for a seasick diver!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by McShagger on July 07, 2001 at 12:55:50:

In Reply to: Catalina for seasick diver? posted by Oxwell on July 06, 2001 at 10:19:30:

I used to have the hardest time with boats also. I would get sick when the ocean would be smooth as glass. I am still pretty weak, but I found a way to avoid it.

Here it is in simple terms:
1) Get to the boat early and take your pills or patch for sea sickness.

2) After settling in, find a place to sleep. (this will help you get used to the tiy motions a boat will make because it is not glued to the earth. I would often get sick from that.)

3) Sleep until you get to the dive point. (many people get excited and want to look at the scenery form the ocean when they get on a boat. Not me. That just makes me sick. Sleeping really helps you get used to the big motions when the boat starts moving.)

4) When you get there, you should be pretty well off and ready to dive. You will think you are king of the world for not getting sick and think you no longer get sea sick. Dont trust this feeling. You must always sleep an get used to the motions. Man Im getting sick just thinking about it.

Im not guaranteeing this, but this works for me. I feel real good when I get there and really enjoy getting on boats now. Before, I would see a boat as a ride brought up from hell.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]