Re: Catalina trip report.....and rant (long)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on July 09, 2001 at 10:46:06:

In Reply to: Catalina trip report.....and rant (long) posted by msblucow on July 09, 2001 at 09:26:39:

I'm glad that atleast some of your dives were fun, relaxing and stress free.. Next time you go over solo you may want to contact Don Lake, Don as regular on the island and is always willing to dive with fun and enjoyable people..

As to your comment about training, the irony is that most still believe that absent a perr reviewed study that we can produce that the quality of training and the skill level of diver's is adequate..

It's substandard at best and it's going downhill quickly.. Hopefully GUE will grow to a level that requires that the other agencies take notice and realize the subterranian levels with which they have reduced training...

I'd be emabarrsed if I were a PADI instructor and was responsible for some of the 946,000 certifications they sold last year because there is a big chunk of those diver's that shouldn't be using scuba in a swimming pool, let alone certified for life...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]