just ignore it

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on July 09, 2001 at 13:05:28:

In Reply to: Re: Joshua you need to seriously clean up your act ... posted by Jeff B on July 09, 2001 at 11:57:58:

Someone gives me too much credit. It seems I am now the focus of his ire. Oh well, I'm sure I've done something somewhere to deserve it.

Do what I do and just ignore it. If several years officiating and even more of technical support haven't taught me to ignore what people call me, nothing will.

While I won't venture to say I've been called every name in the book, I do have the distinction of being obscenely told off by a nine year old girl (where do they learn that language), during a training session with a new official (poor kid, it was like his second time out). I've seen parents fist-fight, I even saw a fellow official get suckerpunched by a coach (just happened to be looking over). Heck, I even had an English teacher from high-school threaten to fail me because I didn't call a penalty kick for his son (but, in a twist of fate, I was allowed to substitue an analysis of Catch-22 for an entire year of English, so it actually worked out well.)

It's nothing personal (at least on my end), so just ignore it. I can't change his mind. Heck, I haven't even met him. I'm rather at a disadvantage, since I'm open with my real name and personal info (and yes I've heard all the horror stories. I've had logs subpeoned in stalking cases before, and even been deposed once back in the ISP days).

I've already appologized for using the term "moron." And Karl, if you'll email me a list of other wrongs I've done to you, I'll be more than happy to appologize for those. It's just a BBS. I'm actually quite flattered that you lend so much weight to my meager opinions.

JRM

-- consider this another olive branch, Karl...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]