aim BEFORE you squeeze the trigger

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on July 10, 2001 at 17:47:29:

In Reply to: No more diving for bugs posted by BugDiver on July 10, 2001 at 15:38:56:

or in your case, yank the trigger & flinch. According to the copy of today's LA Times which i have in my hand here (yes i know, the editorial board is a bunch of hare-brained leftists who never met a new law they didn't like), the only closures to recreational fishing on Catalina wil be in the vicinity of Blue Caverns (NEWSFLASH! thats already an invertebrate reserve!!!! no bug hunting allowed!!) and the far West end from Arrow Point on the front, around, past Black Rock, to what looks sorta like Eagle Rock on the backside. Hardly the death of frontside bug-hunting. As one who just got through cleaning his speargun and machining a new tip, and who also wrote a big fat check to the IRS and the state of California, i will gladly put up with the proposed closure. Who knows, hunting elsewhere on the island might just get better! At least thats what them thar scientists and other longhairs seem to think.

As far as the Gov't taking away freedoms, well i can't argue with that! But perhaps Cal F& G are too afraid of the commercial lobster trappers. According to the map, most of PV is still buck-naked to commercial exploitation. Guess they're only taking away the freedom of us divers, and not the big commercial boys. Follow the money.

BTW, hows the bug-hunting in Baja? Back when i first started going, it was easy to find Langosta in any restaurant, now, they all list it on the menu but it's never in stock, and when it is actually available, the tails are tiny...not even legal if they were stateside.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]