just because i don't share the fashionably politically correct viewpoint

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on July 10, 2001 at 21:52:39:

In Reply to: john & mike, please, don't get me wrong... posted by kelphead on July 10, 2001 at 19:29:36:

does not imply delusion. Given the rather emotional and meandering rant of some of your earlier replies along with certain logical inconsistencies, i felt compelled to reply. I am after all a predator, and when i see weakenss in arguments, i pounce. I'm sorry but i can't help myself there, i spent too much time as a cannibalistic grad student who mercilessly tortured and ate his colleagues during the graduate seminars. As i stated earlier, get a copy of Paul Ehrlich's "Betrayal of Science and Reason" and get a copy of G. Tyler Miller's "Living in the Environment" and educate yourself. Mr Ehrlich's book will bring you reasonably up to date WRT current controversies (population growth among them), and Miller's college textbook will give you a critical non-ideological/religous based framework of the relevent concepts and the physics, mathematics, chemistry, biology and sociology and economics behind the relevant issues. It's about as good as one can get with one book by one author.

Now be careful when quoting Cornucopians, they are economists, not biologists, and they only serve to attract sharks.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]