as much as i hate to say this......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on July 11, 2001 at 01:02:29:

In Reply to: 2 questions from a 1st time diver - corrective lenses necessary? posted by Jen Speroni on July 10, 2001 at 19:45:25:

Try Sport Chalet or Pacific Wilderness. Both of those places try and sell you junk that you don't need, but they both carry the US Divers "Look" mask, which has easily removable lenses that can be replaced with prescription inserts, not only that, but the stores may have a stock of common prescriptions, so if you are say -4.5 in the right and -3.0 in the left or something like that, for less than one Benjamin, you could pick up the mask (44.95) and the two prescription inserts (24.95 each). Be sure to take with a grain of salt, everything else the salesperson may tell you. I avoid walking into certain places because the sales people try and insult my intelligence and i get enough of that when i turn on the TV. BTW, where are you getting certified? It should pay to get the rest of your equipment from that shop. Not like you really save a whole lot on the internet anyhow, compared to the service you'd get from a place like Scuba Toys in Cypress or equivalent.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]