I understand the need for low prices BUT..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JohnB on July 11, 2001 at 04:02:58:

In Reply to: Are Scuba Lab Testers reviews objective and useful in picking gear? posted by moonpieboy on July 11, 2001 at 00:05:13:

you really need to seek out an independant store and avoid "chain" stores. The name may sound good but the largest portion of the gear they offer is "cheap". The prices on other stuff are the same as most independents and the experience of those old salts in the store CAN be quite worth the buck or two. I have found after wasting litteraly thousands on all the gear I had "before" I got the good (which by the way turned out to be less costly than ANY of the previous gear!) of course you will get the stuff you like but please do check out Halcyon.net and look it over. That stuff is where you'll end up and it does not cost any more to START at the top. P.S. DIR or not Halcyons gear is lighter, smaller, more adaptable (dbls or sngl tanks), easier to use and will make your air last longer than ANY other , better built too! I am NOT affiliated in any way with them...I just am one of many happy customers that have found the good stuff! You might want to check with Bill Wright at ReefSeekers.com too for a good deal on ANY brand or style of gear. some on this BBS have had good experiences there too. They'll ship to you QUICKLY!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]