no boat.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CalAbDiver on July 12, 2001 at 10:12:36:

In Reply to: Just curious..You DO have a boat right? posted by JohnB on July 12, 2001 at 08:50:56:

if the Ocean is really calm, John, and the shore access is really good, like at Pt. Arena [where i rarely go!] then i can kayak out to a great offshore cliff site and ab freedive there. that would be the only boat i would use for abs.

most of the really big abs are in only 5' to 10' depth where the surge and the surf are really overwhelming, at sites that are tiring or painful or dangerous to reach.

in really rough surf, no boat could survive. not even the Brown Water Navy [read: Coast Guard].

normally i go to my secret ab site, a shore dive, a long hike, with my ab float on my back, my gear in my mesh bag, to a rocky entry, with my shark-spear in my hand in case Old Whitey shows up. That way i can stick him/her in the nose if he/she gets too close.

Every seen a shark stuck in the nose? They bolt like a wet cat! Forget the movie Jaws. Sharks are wimps. Big wimps.

[i dont believe in animal/fish abuse. but i dont like being crowded either. that includes big fish with sharp teeth.]

i gave Mike Kane that ab because he has impressed me more than anyone else here [tied with SeaHunt-Mike] in terms of his posts and his dive planning and his contingency planning. i thought we did good contingency dive planning in the Blue Water Navy. what we did was nothing compared to what he can do.

i was stunned by his contingency failure analysis of the dive during which a certain famous SoCal Lady Diver was lost. i have always thought "civilian divers dont know how to plan dives & contingencies" but Mike Kane definitely changed all my thinking about that.

Mike Kane looks like a sheriffs dept recovery diver if you get to meet him ... the guys who wear double 120s and redundant everything with the 1000 lb lift bags. hes not the accountant nerd that he leads others on to believe.

SeaHunt-Mike and i will prolly ab dive together when he comes up here to Northern California with his wife and family. SeaHunt doesnt need an ab. SeaHunt needs a freedive buddy. Well, hes like me, he doesnt NEED a freedive buddy, but it couldnt hurt.

have you seen SeaHunt's E-book about diving around the world? very impressive. he copied my how-to-ab-dive post into it. i was honored.

someone on this dive board recently mentioned that MsBlucow is the nicest person here. i agree. very flattering lady too! if her Mr. SanFran didnt know about the SoCal ab closure then he hasnt ab dived in many many years. he was prolly just trying to impress her. too bad he stepped on his own dick [old Navy expression].

KelpHead keeps everyone here honest about facts, opinions, hear-say, and ad hominem. if anybody is an El Stupido she will definitely sniff them out in no time. oh well!

i have enjoyed your jokes, John. i fell out of my chair laughing at your Bret Gilliam cannabis and medical bill joke!

see you on the beach [old Navy expression]

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]