Re: "A human life trumps an animal life in EVERY instance. NO EXCEPTIONS. "

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tailspin on July 13, 2001 at 09:06:25:

In Reply to: "A human life trumps an animal life in EVERY instance. NO EXCEPTIONS. " posted by Demo on July 13, 2001 at 08:50:44:

As far as your population argument, I think that a Malthusian solution will present itself. It always has, and it always will, despite the whining of ZPG and Greenpeace.

"What is sad for the shark is that it had to die because it was behaving naturally. It does not know what a human is and that eating humans is a bad act in the eyes of the human population. The shark only recognizes meaty things that can provide nourishment and doesn't debate the "right thing to do." "

Why is this sad? It is nature. We kill things that try to kill us. If I kill a mugger who is trying to kill me, I don't stand there feeling sorry for him and all his lost potential, etc. etc. I rejoice in the fact that he is dead and I am alive, as I reload and get ready for the next one. Actually, I think your description of the shark pretty much fits the typical street thug.

I mourn the kid. I don't mourn the shark. I tend to be more loyal to my own species.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]