Catch the SEA FEVER; it's contagious!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by AADIVER on July 14, 2001 at 15:35:07:

Still recovering from the "fever"...the M/V SEA FEVER, that is. It was my fourth trip to the Bahamas on probably the finest liveaboard that prowls those waters. It was a five day, four dives a day trip to the legendary Cal Sal Bank, a rugged, desolate string of limestone outcroppings just 30 miles north of Cuba. Together with son and daughter, Tony and Laura, we dove walls, reefs and, of course, WRECKS! One in particular I can't wait to get back to. Called the "Unknown Banana Boat" wreck, it lays scattered in only 15 fsw. As I was prying a cage lamp loose from the iron conglomerate, Laura tapped me on the shoulder, eyes big as saucers, grin from ear to ear, and beckoned me to follow her through a narrow opening. Deep inside she pointed, and what to my wondering eyes should appear: THE ENGINE ROOM TELEGRAPH! I labored mightily to recover it but with limited tools and time it's still there beneath several tons of main engine. It was the last dive of the afternoon before a return to Bimini to clear customs.
The FEVER's ex-owner, Tom Guarino, was skipper for our trip and he assured me that he could provide a solid week of wreck diving next summer, but only one week is available: June 29 to July 5. If any "shipwreck-aholics" would like to wreck raid the Bahamas that week, let me know. All "goodies" recovered are yours to keep. The tab for the week is $1,299.00, all inclusive except for air fare from L.A. Southwest Airlines flies $99.00 each way into Ft. Lauderdale and a Super Shuttle for fifteen takes you right to the boat at Haulover Marina, North Miami Beach. But please don't sign on just for the telegraph. I'm going back in September and recover it for my eagle-eyed daughter. The wreck is now officially known as the LAURA FARMER TELEGRAPH WRECK. Maybe there's a wreck out there with your name on it, too. As of now, there are ten spots available. Lemme know, y'all.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]