Re: Scuba Classes

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CW2cJ on July 17, 2001 at 10:18:54:

In Reply to: Scuba Classes posted by Luckie on July 16, 2001 at 09:13:03:

Take your class and learn. It doesn't matter who it's from. The basic class teaches you the basics, it doesn't enable you to dive by yourself wherever you want (although you could try). After you get your c-card, get with some knowledgable divers and learn more from them. Experience is the best teacher. I've been 'certified' for years but I only have a handful of dives so I am still just a beginner. Unfortunately, some here, like MHK, like to be elitist and think that if you don't know everything there is to know about diving then you shouldn't be in the water. There are many people out there that are going to do stupid things and get injured or killed. That doesn't make everyone stupid. If you want to dive by yourself with only a basic certification, or drive a car without a seatbelt, or ride a motorcycle without a helmet, fine, I don't think we should stop anyone from doing that. Enjoy your class and enjoy the sport. Ensure that all your questions are answered by your instructor or the knowledgable people here before you finish your certification.
Just my two cents,
Bill

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]