NAUI / IMS Dive Insurance Alert

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris on July 17, 2001 at 11:40:11:

If you applied for or renewed your DM or instructor insurance online with Insurance Management Services, you may not be covered even though your credit card was billed!

If you have any doubts call them at 1-800-467-7282

I renewed my DM insurance online, and their website said the transaction completed successfully.
My credit card was billed, yet IMS sent me the attached mail.

I got on the phone with them last week, and they promised they would take care of it and send me a policy.
I have still not received it.

Earlier this year it appears my previous policy was lost in the mail.
They say they sent it to me, but I never received it.
After playing telephone and email tag for weeks the faxed me a sheet saying I was covered a day before the policy was to expire.
A big help!

I have already paid for my DM insurance this year.
However next year I will be seeking an alternate source.

…. Chris

The message they sent me follows:

Dear Diving Professional,
I am contacting you to notify you of a problem we are having with your professional liability insurance application. It appears that we have received your application, but unfortunately, our system is not showing payment. (Nova credit card systems has been having quite a few problems.) We are unable to process your application until this matter is resolved.

If you have information to the contrary, please forward it to our office
ASAP, so we can continue to process your application.
If you did not make a payment and need to, there are a few options that I can give you to help you with making payment.

First, you can go online to www.imsgold.com/imsnew/payment.html. This will
take you directly to the payment portion, and will allow you to select your premium and then insert your credit card information. This process is probably the fastest and most convenient for you and it is all done with a secure saver, to keep your information private.

Second, you can email, fax or send in writing your credit card information to us, and we will charge you here. We cannot accept any credit card information over the phone; we do need it in writing.

Third, you can mail us a check; checks are to be made payable to Insurance
Management Services. You can send your checks to :
Insurance Management Services, Inc.
2625 Redwing Road, Suite 330
Fort Collins, CO 80526

If you would like us to disregard your application, please send us this information in writing.

I do need correspondence within 36 hours of receiving this email so that we do not have to delay your application any further. We also ask that you enclose this letter with any payment that you may email to us.

We appreciate your business, and are here to answer any questions you might have. Thank you!

INSURANCE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Tracy Galloway
Customer Care

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]