You raise some fair points...

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on July 18, 2001 at 16:30:17:

In Reply to: That wasn't my point, pretty much the opposite in fact. posted by brianc on July 18, 2001 at 16:23:08:

I was reacting to Seahunt's misguided attempts to suggest NDL limit's were somehow different and that JJ was precluded from comment due to geography..

I do agree we have differences between Fla. and Calif. but my comment is that DIR still has an application, if not even more so, because of the differences.. You'll probably agree that streamlining is much more important in a kelp forest than in the open ocean Gulfstream...

You'll also probably agree that the low vis etc. that you used to support your agrument means that team skills are more important...

You'll probably agree that contingency planning and pre-dive planning is important, perhaps even more so, in colder, surgey and unpredictable waters...

I'm still waiting for an argument out of the Seahunt camp that is dispositive of the notion that DIR doesn't apply out here..

Months ago he promised a *brief* essay on a system that is better.. To date, we've heard a bunch of hyperbole, but we've seen absolutely nothing....

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]