Re: Steve and Seahunt I've consolidated my response

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on July 21, 2001 at 22:28:03:

In Reply to: Re: Steve and Seahunt I've consolidated my response posted by MHK on July 20, 2001 at 11:02:38:

"Can I ask you this question.. You said the computer is a good learning device, can you please describe what you can learn from a computer????"

Profile and air consumption management skills. I recommend that anyone comtemplating getting a computer to spend the little extra money and get an air integraded one. I have worked with the Uwatec AirX and the Suunto Cobra. Some features.

1. Rapid ascent alarm
2. air time remaining at current breathing rate and depth.
3. No deco time remaining or time needed to stop at a ceiling once you enter decompression.
4. low on air alarm.

IMO, this information given in real time to the diver is a learning and planning tool that also could save some lives. Later on you could download and review the dive on a graph to analize the profile and plan how it could have been better. Also the profiles can be uploaded to Divers Alert Network for the scientist to study to learn how to better predict DCS hits. They have over 75,000 profiles now and are looking for 1,000,000. That's learning in my book.

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]