Re: more pointers thanks - Couple more:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by AADIVER on July 24, 2001 at 10:28:25:

In Reply to: more pointers thanks posted by CalAbDiver on July 24, 2001 at 10:03:46:

"...my $2000 Zeagle drysuit cost most than any single piece of equipment i have bought so far, even more than my O2 cleaned ScubaPro Mark 20 & S600 regulator with SPG & DG & Octo on it."

You could have purchased an excellent dry suit from a UK company for under a grand including undergarment. Even DUI's are less 'cause they have to compete with dozens of local manufacturers. They ship a suit to you as a "repair", thus avoiding import duty.
As to O2 cleaning of your regs, totally unnecessary for Nitrox up to 40%. Even tanks don't have to be dedicated for membrane or blended fills. However, if money's no object, then you're well equipped, especially if you plan on using your regs for higher O2% as a deco gas.
As to your buoyancy question, personally, I maintain perfect horizontal trim at depth with just dry suit inflation. My wing is only inflated on the surface. Worst case scenario: the suit inflator fails. Simply unsnap the inflator hose and stretch out the neck seal to vent. Then use your bc or wing for ascent. This "system" works for me regardless "conventional wisdom" of the certifying agencies.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]