Van Damme party schedule

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Sedletzky on July 24, 2001 at 21:15:58:

Well, I said I was going to post a schedule of events for those interested about my dive party coming up August 9th-12th at Van Damme Campground so heeeeere it is.
BTW, I will try to get one of the lower campsites and I will mark it with a sign so people can find me..
Also, this event will center around freediving for game. There will be many people diving for abalone and a good number of spearos who freedive and shoot fish. This is what we do up here. I want warn those of you who do not believe in this activity before hand, OK...great.

Thursday: I will be checking in after 2:00 pm and launching my boat at Albion Harbor (2 mi south), then cruising it up north to van damme cove for the duration of the party. We will be diving for abs on the way up.

Friday: Meet at van damme beach at 8:00 am and plan dive. We will be doing an ab dive and hunt fish. I will be running my boat all day for those who do not have a kayak. If you wish to use a float tube and dive your own spots, feel free, all I ask is that if you are associated with my party you dive with a buddy.
Friday night: Eric's abalone / fish and chips and beer drinkin' bash
(on me!). (Beer battered english style) starts at 5:00 at my camp site.

Saturday: meet at van damme beach to decide where to go (by popular vote) Dive your brains out all day and collect wierd things.
Saturday night: Fancy ab recipe show off and wierd thing tasting.
This is where everyone cooks up their favorite ab recipes at their campsites then everyone goes around and tastes each others creations.
Followed by the wierd thing tasting event (you know, sea weed, snails, bugs, worms, urchins, scallops, or anything else that you dig up on the ocean floor that you know is edible.) Just don't give me the hersey's or kill me off! One thing, if you gather it, you taste it!
If you are not from around here this is a fun one.

Sunday morning: Eric's pancake breakfast w/ bacon and eggs (on me)
followed by, you guessed it, a meeting at van damme beach for the last day of diving. Time: don't know yet, have to see how long breakfast takes us and/or recovery from eating wierd things...

How to get here: Go up hwy 101 past Santa Rosa to Cloverdale. Go west on hwy 128 to Mendocino / Ft. Bragg. You will pass Boonville half way through. There are lots of wineries/ a few micro breweries and beautiful scenery so take your time. When you hit hwy 1 at the coast go north about 8 miles and van damme campground is 2 miles south of Mendocino.

The water is between 46 and 52 degrees so make sure you have the right diving stuff. Also, it can get foggy, windy, and cold so make sure you bring adequate clothing. This ain't L.A.!
And if you have a boat or kayak, bring it.

See you there!

Eris Sedletzky
Santa Rosa, Ca.
(707) 538-1276
or e-mail me

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]