whats wrong with the inmates running the assylum?

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CalAbDiver on July 26, 2001 at 12:46:29:

In Reply to: Great Stuff..... posted by MHK on July 26, 2001 at 11:59:58:

as long as somebody cleans up the mess. thats what the insurance guys are for. as well as the custodial staff in an assylum.

if there is a death or serious injury on a PADI dive, then the leader and all responsible professionals get administratively suspended pending review of the case, and expelled if findings warrant it. PADI has thought of everything, not just Put Another Dollar In. it costs money to pay for everything.

glad the ab tasted good. i wasnt sure, after all that freezing and travelling to SoCal, whether it still would. normally we have our abs fresh up here, right out of the shell.

freezing them submerged in water in a large tuppeware bowl into a block of ice is reputed to make them relax and go to sleep before they die of hypothermia, hence no rigor mortis. its supposed to be better than tenderizing. i only freeze them for the ones i plan to give away.

freezing them in a block of ice prevents freezer burn on the exposed parts of the ab since the meat is then protected by the frozen ice and by the shell too, since youre not supposed to pop them til your ready to cook and/or eat them, according to the Calif DFG.

all this is according to the experiences and writings of a famous freediver who visits this list occasionally as "CalDiver."

its a very complicated procedure, driven by the $400 black market value of a large red ab, and the sheer joy of harvesting your own delicious food out of God's Ocean.

/s/ Karl

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]