my definition of "treasure" is a shipwreck with gold in it

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CalAbDiver on July 27, 2001 at 12:31:50:

In Reply to: It is still there posted by chris on July 26, 2001 at 16:57:02:

i think i have found a possible wreck that few if anyone has thought of. got it by reading shipwreck articles.

a couple of my buddies [to say "drinking buddies" would be inappropriate for a divemaster, so we will just leave it at "buddies"] who dont dive anymore but who have powerboats, have offered to use their GPS to get me there.

we worked it out. an hour's speedboat ride out there, 20 mins underwater, an hour of deco hang time, then an hour to get back, means we can do all the in the early a.m. weekend hours and still be back to Monterey for lunch.

we would need to do an initial dive survey, then get a metal detector and start scouring it with the GPS. $1 million dollars in gold if we can find it, split 3 ways.

the metal detector part reminded me of the last post about San Clemente Island diving. a metal detector there would go absolutely haywire.

the Coast Guard would need a body parts detector at San Clemente Island if some diver ever bumped up against any of that unexploded ordinance there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]