Climbing webbing underwater

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on July 30, 2001 at 10:57:04:

In Reply to: REI webbing... posted by Experience on July 30, 2001 at 10:24:42:

Hmm, sorry to hear it didn't work for your application. I was the one that suggested trying climbers tape. I had used 1" tubular underwater with no issues (although in a different application). At the time, Terry mentioned that concern, and someone else was concerned about strength. I answered the strength post, since I had that info, but not the rigidity post, since I didn't.

If you could email me some more specifics about your experience I'd much appreciate it. You've piqued my curiosity, and I'd like to know more. I guess I'll have to cruise by the climbing department and pick up some to try on my second plate. I am going to be in the pool next week practicing anyway, that'll be a good time to try it.

JRM

-- I did answer the question of where to find colored webbing without having deployed 2" tubular underwater. I thought that was quite apparent. If you took that advice thinking it was based on applicable experience, I appologize for not being clear enough. Email me the details, and when I've tried it I'll post here.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]