Re: Question for Wreck diver's

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by capt-ray on July 30, 2001 at 18:51:01:

In Reply to: Re: Question for Wreck diver's posted by AADIVER on July 30, 2001 at 18:00:42:

Frank,

Years ago I made several donations and loans to a couple of different museums. In the ensuing years some of the better items dissappeared with a change in curators. I have also heard from others in your peer group that items on loan were auctioned off or attempts were made to auction off items that were not the property of the museum. Dan Purdy was a great supporter of assisting museums with displays until they told him that he had no right to some of the property he had on loan to a local nautical museum. He had to threaten them with legal action to get some of his property back.

I would be very careful in my selection of museums. Ask for references and ask about policies concerning donated or loan items and there ultimate disposition.

For all the hue and cry from the "Save it for the future generations" bunch, they seem to have no intent to live up to the standard they would set for the rest of us.

Ray

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]