Re: I don't want to see the problem....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seldom seen slim on July 30, 2001 at 23:19:25:

In Reply to: I don't see the problem.... posted by msblucow on July 30, 2001 at 09:02:31:

How many marine preserves, with reservations and regulations, do you need for you to realize your diving opportunities are denied or restricted?

How many pieces or tokens should be left open to pacify you that you have some freedom left?

Without open areas you would not have alternatives to the Point Lobos reservation bureaucracy.

If 35% left open is all you need then the proposed San Clemente closures would not alarm you. Do not forget to include what is already off limits and areas that are routinely closed for bombing.

I would not agree to give up the freedom to dive and hunt what I can today, quite so easily.

Here is something for you to chew on. Think about the property owners and easement holders along PV and how they could loose their rights to fish or take game from their backyards with a Marine Preserve inplace. You probably cannot understand what it is like to have the government take your property rights away with no compensation. But if you can think of impact to others beside yourself then you are thinking with your eyes wide open.

From the CA Civil Code Sec. 801.

The following land burdens, or servitudes upon land, may be
attached to other land as incidents or appurtenances, and are then
called easements:

2. The right of fishing;
3. The right of taking game;
… etc. (see the code for the rest)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: