Focus on the issue or you will never get the points

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seldom seen slim on August 01, 2001 at 13:08:56:

In Reply to: Re: I couldn't respond to either posted by msblucow on August 01, 2001 at 03:58:16:

I have been there, but I did not have a reservation so I could not dive there. Why should I pay a gatekeeper to prevent me from night diving, telling me where I cannot dive, when to get out of the water, and requiring me to dive with another?

If you can accept these limits to your rights and freedoms that you have today, then you have given the government the opportunity to steal from you what this Country’s forefathers secured for you – that is a Country free of tyranny – free of oppressive power.

And you gave up, you gave it all away for the presumption that a MLPA will make it better.

Forget that black abalones disappeared from pollution, or a kelp harvester impacts more then a diver disturbing the kelp, or commercial interests take more life from the sea beyond compare to the recreational take. The facts are meaningless if you base your conclusions on accepting the random assignment of MLPA’s as your panacea. These MLPA’s were prescribed with no scientific proof to support the quantities or locations, just a mandate from the unscientific community of our legislature. Does that not alarm you?

Forget that Californians do have a right to fish to ocean, forget that the government can render your easement, your right to access the ocean, to have no or little value. Forget it all for it does not matter, because your mind is closed, the DFG in the guise of the medicine man has sold you the snake oil and it is easier to swallow the solving the real problems.

And so you have bought into it and your mind is set – it is quite a shame – because a open and critical mind is a terrible thing to waste.

PS
The messenger is irrelevant. It is the message you need to pay attention too.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]