Re: Less Gas and then some Walker

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on August 01, 2001 at 17:40:21:

In Reply to: Less Gas and then some Walker posted by Bill Johnson on August 01, 2001 at 17:27:05:

Posted by Bill Johnson on August 01, 2001 at 17:27:05:

I was surprised to read MHK's statement that he only gets three or four dives out of his 6cf inflation cylinder; I'll bet he gets more than 4 dives out of 6 cf depending on the type of dives he is doing.

Bill,

What I was meaning is that I go on the boat, get the 6 CuFt. bottle filled and then I use it for the entire day and that usually means 3 or 4 dives on a one day trip.. I've never much worried about running out of gas in my argon bottle since we really don't put much in the suit to begin with.. In all honesty I have no idea how many dives I could do with the 6 CuFt. bottle..

BTW, I agree with your analysis above. What we often do when getting students to *switch* to the use of the BC as the primary is take the student in the water and disconnect his drysuit inflator and then do a few dives at 20' or 30' and once they realize that they have been overinflating themselves it solves a multiplicity of problems.. We get the weighting squared away and the use of the proper inflation techniques..

And I also agree with what you said about not being able to learn to dive via the internet.. You gotta get wet and you gotta have a quality instructor that is willing to challenge you, not sell you a c-card...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]