Re: Responses to all (and long!)

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on August 02, 2001 at 08:16:36:

In Reply to: Responses to all (and long!) posted by Eins on August 01, 2001 at 23:49:33:

Your dry suit is very closely tailored to you, I remember from the Santa Cruz/Truth Aquatics trip. If you gained ten pounds the suit may not fit. I have the DUI 200 undergarment which isn't warm enough for me but with a supplimental freece like a HOT Chilly ski fleece which is light and goes under the 200 it works great. I need to add 2 pounds of lead to offset the displacement. If I'm real cold I have enough room in the suit to add a heavier outer fleece which I need to add five pounds. I keep the valve open but admit I loose air when I pull up to shoot a picture or roll to the right to look at something. I may try closing it during these times. On my last dives I used the BC as a parallel devise(thanks Arno) with the valve open. The suit self vented on the ascent as I came up somewhat verticle and I vented the BC with my left hand, it was very easy. How much lead do you wear?

Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]