Shhh!

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by brianc on August 07, 2001 at 15:22:00:

In Reply to: Never forget!!! posted by seahunt on August 07, 2001 at 15:04:59:

OK, all you people in SoCal who are listening in...

He didn't mean that! The place is a mud hole. The oil drilling starts next week. Hungry great white sharks lurk in the surf line. There's no diving north of Monterey!!!

OK, now that the others are gone.

No, not jaded, just flippant in my writing sometimes. I left SoCal three days before my 18th b-day in search of a place where I could still see the beauty of our planet. It was a revelation to this LA - South Bay boy that grass and trees where the planet's natural state, not concrete and asphalt.

Perhaps the best measure of my feelings is that I have turned down more lucrative offers and continue to dismiss headhunters so that I can pursue my career as a biologist working to improve our relationship with our environment.

BTW. I did my first kelp dive off La Jolla last month - WHAT HAPPENED! Where's the life that should be there??? I was truely shocked and saddened. Tell me that the younger generation doesn't think that's how the ocean should look!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]