Re: Picking and choosing which *rules* apply

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff B on August 13, 2001 at 11:59:58:

In Reply to: Picking and choosing which *rules* apply posted by MHK on August 13, 2001 at 11:09:34:

Mike, I beleive that Dan's recomendations are based, in part, on a rapid pressurization release at altitude. Although the public thinks this does not occur very often, I can assure you it is happening much more then most think. I am not very concerned about "normal" pressurization after diving but the instant loss of pressure gives me the willies!
Whether or not I buy into Dans advice (as they present it) is still debatable for me as I have yet to get into one of those diving and flying situations. It may change though once I am presented with flying soon after diving which is bound to happen very soon with all the great bennies I get =)

A side note; We used to break in our rookie mechanics by doing a full pressure run on the ground and then instantly dumping it. It causes the entire cabin to fog and gets really cold and makes a great noise that is indescribable, we have had people actually try to escape the aircraft when we do this.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]