Re: Picking out a Mask

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by PJ on August 13, 2001 at 13:27:03:

In Reply to: Picking out a Mask posted by BadFish on August 13, 2001 at 07:55:47:

All the hitherto responses make good points and as I read through them with your question in mind I thought of the old (20+ year)Scubapro, oval face, no purge mask whose only "modern" accoutremant is a "nose pinch" for equalizing that I still dive. The bottom line on choosing a mask after 40 years of diving for me is to find the one that fits you best. The old "place it on your face, strap not behind the head, and inhale" test is time proven and true. Find those that will adhere to your face with least effort on inhaling then sort out the one that you like best. Modern translucent bodies on the masks you find contribute more light inside which can be a plus but after passing the crucial "inhale" test a lot of mask selection becomes personal preferrence. One last comment, it is difficult to find the perfect mask and one should be ready to put up with a little water inside (I use mine to periodically wash the fog from the lense.

Once found you should be able to concentrate on the fun and wonder of diving which is what it's all about anyway, right?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]