Yep you're right.

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on August 13, 2001 at 18:18:43:

In Reply to: Re: Get an experienced buddy at first posted by Dalia on August 13, 2001 at 17:54:03:

After all, who else can navigate to the swim step of the Peace from the Liberty and almost get away with sneeking dessert from their galley! But alas we were caught and they know how to repel boarders and stowaways. Too bad as it would have made a nice mid-dive break.

But I'll make another statement about diving with women. I prefer women instructors. I have seen my share of instructors in my several years of diving. The women are better because they instill confidence in the student and do not intimidate as some of the guys do. The intimidation causes students to fail to ask questions. They pretend to "know" what they are doing so they do not have to admit to the macho-instructor that they do not fully understand what to do. This leads to a less than ideal learning environment.

Of course this is dealing with generalities. There are some really good guy instructors and some really bad gal instructors (like one who acidentally lead her students back to the wrong boat on a navagation training dive). For those who read this far into the post, I better make sure you know that this was not Dalia that did this. After all Dalia is the one I trust with my children's safety and also she can recognize and identify the underwater sounds of the local diveboats!

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]