Capt Tim, I did not mean it like it sounded sorry

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CalAbDiver on August 15, 2001 at 10:25:30:

In Reply to: Re: it all depends if the boat captains give it any merit posted by Captian Tim on August 14, 2001 at 22:28:43:

i mean "they" [the boat captains] "let anybody" [certified divers whether they have a Solo C-card specialty or not] "dive solo."

i did not mean to speak for you, Capt. Tim, regarding your embarcation decisions of passenger divers.

it also seems to me that if TDI is doing something about solo diving, then whatever it is, it could not hurt. if their solo card catches on, then they may have made some progress.

if the boat captains all decide that for legal reasons they are going to require a solo card before sanctioning a solo dive, then that would give the solo cards teeth, and it may also be progress. that would also force PADI to offer a similar card, very beautifully done up, with a motif and lots of blues and greens.

this may be the start of something new in the dive industry that was needed for a long time. maybe and maybe not. it reminds me of the history of the evolution of C-cards back in the 1950s.

i do not agree with all those here who are continuously PADI-bashing or TDI-bashing. to do so is unprofessional. it was a good joke and it got a laugh, but it is also dangerous: some novice diver might actually believe you and be discouraged from obtaining additional training due to the ad hominems against the dive agencies.

any additional instruction is better than no additional instruction, whether you Put Another Dollar In or become a Thousand Dollar Idiot.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]