Re: My apolologies, I probably came back harder than you came on...

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on August 15, 2001 at 15:27:46:

In Reply to: My apolologies, I probably came back harder than you came on... posted by roakey on August 15, 2001 at 15:16:40:

It's sorta a chicken and egg game we are playing down here..

Shop owners say there is no demand

Boat owners say it's too expensive to implement

and diver's say they can't get access to it..

As for the problem in San Diego it amazes at the knee jerk over reaction that took place down there. The guy was a very good friend of mine and we spoke about the incident in great detail. He is a very safety conscience diver and wasn't even diving nitrox that day. He was teaching 2 seperate OW classes and decided to breathe 02 [ 80% actually] in between dives to help eliminate and residual N2. He accidentally draged his regulator across his greasy back of his truck.. He accepted full responsibility for his mistake but you had competing dive shops owners on TV that evening saying how he almost killed every diver in the area and that * technical* diving is a danger to everyone around.. The officials virtually shut down every dive shop in the area for weeks...

I also think many of the diver's here are just cheap and unwilling to spend $8.. That excuse always cracks me up when you have diver's spending thousands to learn to dive and on gear, they spend $70 - $100 to get on a boat for the day, but then bitch about an extra $3.50 to increase BT's and shorten SIT's...

Oh well, go figure....

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]