Posted by not even close on August 16, 2001 at 00:27:38:
In Reply to: Re: AND the wing chafing is eliminated! That ain't ten bucks! posted by Glenn on August 15, 2001 at 16:23:31:
1) Glenn, you misunderstood me, the people at Halcyon ARE genius! They have hands down the BEST rig you can buy at any price.
2) The bend has NOTHING to do with the angle the slot was punched at.
3) a 4" angle grinder would not fit in a 1/4" x 2 1/4" slot (and would leave a nastier surface than ANY present day finish!)
4) Halcyon HAS the best finish in the biz (I own 12 different BP's from varying Mfg co's)
5) A hunk of stainless in that grade will run you $50 at the cheapest metal yard IF you can find it. Then the setup to punch or cut the basic shape alone at a shop will run $100.00. The 6 bends for one unit in the range of $150-$200 and the 13 slots and 22+ holes setup and punched another $200(IF you get em where they belong!) then finishing the edges of all openings Minimum $15 labor.
6) DIR is a new thing to you isn't it? Halcyon is mentioned and seen with WKPP because the gear is designed and USED by some of those intrepid explorers. In fact some of those explorers ARE Halcyon and DIR is the method, configuration and philosophy of those explorers.
No Ford vs Chevy here guy, you are talking Yugo vs Lamborghini
Post a Followup