Yep, I think we agree on this.

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on August 16, 2001 at 16:11:17:

In Reply to: Re: Using "a degreaser like 409 or Simple Green" posted by MHK on August 16, 2001 at 14:31:11:

Common sense does the job. And as I said my only problem was that the quoted text said to use a 'cleaning agent like...' and I had a fear that someone with little knowledge might go out and mess up his tank.

I wonder why Nitrox really has not caught on. Partial pressure blending or membranes both make the job easy. Somehow people just need to start wanting it. I spoke ot the guys from the Peace at the SCUBA show adn they said that the sales of Nitrox were still very light. So even when it is readily available, people are not using it.

If you couple the fear factor from people that think it is somehow explosive, then there is resistance that interferes with its availability. It seems to me that most fo the recreational dive sites arount these parts are perfect for geezer gas. Most places I dive are in 75 fsw or less. And at those depths, Nitrox is a beautiful thing.

Somehow we need to get the word out that this stuff is nifty, tastes great (or is that less filling), makes older guys like me feel better at the end of the day, and cures halitosis. OK maybe we need to drop a couple of htose claims, but if more wanted it, it woudl be more available. I am a fan of membranes so I can use my dirty old tanks, but as long as O2 sales are a big thing compared with nitrox sales, partial pressure blending will be the norm. As long as Partial pressures are used we can expect to need to have super clean tanks or the diveshops will not be kind.

Oh well, I gotta pack the gear bags. 5 divers worth of gear needs to be counted and packed tonight!

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]