go with gooey

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mike on August 17, 2001 at 00:09:31:

In Reply to: Re: I have to 2nd MHK posted by retrodiver on August 16, 2001 at 20:04:27:

You can use whatever gear you have, so long as it functions properly. No tech diving will be involved, just getting skilled, and comfprtable in the water. You'll have a good amount of practice at perfecting buoyancy, trim, alternative kicks (frog, modified flutter) you'll get to practice using a closed circuit lift-bag, you'll get a bit of info on Nitrox, Trimix (no certs here, just a little bit of background info), and you'll get to see how effective lights are for communication, even in the daytime. Additionally, there is quite a hand-signal vocabulary used by the GUE folks. Plan on removing and clearing your mask, doind OOA and primary reg free flow scenarios while maintaining neutral buoyancy, and also plan on figuring out your SAC, and then planning dives based on your SAC, your buddy's SAC and dealing with different folks and their differing air consumption and their different size tanks. You'll get 4 dives in, and the total cost is around $200.00.

i learned a lot, got to practice some new and useful things, got to think about my own set of skills as regards emergencies, So Cal water, and being a good buddy (or at least trying) and was quite pleased.

Oh yeah, and you'll find that not all of DIR is about insulting folks, mindless religon or elitism. It's about what really works and works well.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]